The Partnership for Countering Influence Operations (PCIO) invites policy proposals aimed at addressing unacceptable influence operations (e.g. disinformation, misrepresentation, manipulation etc.) These policy proposals could target any point at which something can reasonably be done by industry and/or government to counter influence operations. A Policy Proposals committee will review submissions, selecting a handful of proposals for further development as articles.
How to Contribute
To submit please send a short outline of your idea—no more than one printed page in length—via this form outlining what problem your proposed policy solves, whom it targets, and how it would work. Successful applicants will be contacted and asked to prepare a longer narrative piece of 1500 words or less for publication. A small honorarium will be provided to successful applicants.
- Dr. Brett van Niekerk, Senior Lecturer, School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, University of KwaZulu-Natal
- Dr. Christopher Paul, Senior Social Scientist, RAND Corporation
- Dr. Chris Riley, Director of Public Policy, Mozilla Foundation
- Clement Wolf, Global Public Policy Lead, Google
- Eli Sugarman, Director, Cyber Initiative, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- Dr. Eric Chen-hua Yu, Associate Research Fellow, Election Study Center, National Chengchi University in Taipei
- Dr. Gulizar Haciyakupoglu, Research Fellow, Centre of Excellence for National Security, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies
- Dr. Jacob N. Shapiro, Professor of Politics and International Affairs, Princeton University
- Dr. Jacob Wallis, Senior Analyst, International Cyber Policy Centre, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Joanna Rohozinska, Resident Program Director Europe, International Republican Institute
- Maria Ressa, CEO and Executive Editor, Rappler.com
- Dr. Michael Nelson, Director, Technology and International Affairs Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Tom Uren, Senior Analyst, International Cyber Policy Centre, Australian Strategic Policy Institute